Choosing a security personnel contractor is a decision which will significantly affect the safety and image of your institution. It is important to select a company that is committed to the success of your organization and can understand and integrate into the culture of your campus.
AlliedBarton has outlined the core elements of how to establish a quality-based contracting process that will form a mutually beneficial relationship between your institution and your security contractor. In a competitive market, it is important to even the playing field and thoroughly understand what you are getting for your dollar. We believe the key steps for contracting success include:
- Defining the contracting process and selecting your review team
- Evaluating your current security environment
- Defining desired improvements
- Establishing your program needs and expectations
- Selecting potential contractors to include in the process
- Issuing an RFP
- Narrowing the Field
- Conducting presentations or meetings
- Finalizing your partner selection, price and transition elements
We hope you will find AlliedBarton's Guide to Contracting Security for Higher Education to be a valuable resource that will help you select the right security officer provider for your security program, from the start of the process through awarding the contract.